If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer, contact Salem Oncology Center for an appointment.
It is natural to be anxious when you make the first call to an oncologist. You may have a lot of questions about treatment, insurance, or clinical trials. We'll do everything we can to put your mind at ease, whether you are a patient or a caregiver, and we will make sure you get the answers you need.
Salem Oncology Center is staffed with specially trained oncology nurses and doctors who work very closely with Dr. Salem.
- Pathology slides and paraffin blocks, as well as the pathology report. It is important to bring both the slides and blocks to enable a more accurate confirmation of diagnosis. Paraffin blocks contain additional tissue that is critical for special stains. These blocks are different from slides and do not break, as slides sometimes do. You must bring both slides and paraffin blocks because it is important for pinpointing a definitive diagnosis, which in turn is essential for planning your treatment.
- All actual x-ray films and x-ray reports.
- All medical reports and documents, including a recent medical report from your doctor.
- Insurance card.
- Financial deposit (please see Financial Information section). Please do not leave your city, state, or country of origin before you obtain financial clearance from our Business Office.
- A list of questions or concerns regarding your condition.